Monday, December 14, 2009

Stuff I Left Out

As to be expected, I'm mad at all the stuff I left off yesterday's list of an "alternate" top 20 of all time. Some notable ones I left off:

Funeral

Arcade Fire

Funeral (2004)

Yeah, I don't love it that much either - but it's one of the great albums of the 00s, and it's nice whenever there's a new classic, something that's accepted by the old and young generations as one of the greatest records of this decade. In 10 years, 15 at the most, this should be on every publication's "top 20 of all time."
Metal Box

Public Image Ltd.

Metal Box (1979)

I wanted something to represent British punk/post-punk, so I chose Entertainment! but I perhaps should've chosen Metal Box, which I love - probably more than Entertainment!
Astral Weeks

Van Morrison

Astral Weeks (1968)
Purple Rain

Prince

Purple Rain (1984)

I'm going to embarrass myself and admit that I've listened to very, very little Prince (I'm still young, after all!), but I don't have to tell you about the acclaim this album has received. I predict that, once I finally get around to listening to it, I'll probably like it a lot.
Return to Cookie Mountain

TV on the Radio

Return to Cookie Mountain (2006)

Perhaps I should've chosen this over You Forgot It In People, but "People" has that aura of concise greatness that Return to Cookie Mountain.
Zuma

Neil Young

Zuma (1975)

Yes, I genuinely believe this is Neil Young's greatest album.
Mother (John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band)

John Lennon

Mother (John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band) (1970)
The Modern Lovers

The Modern Lovers

The Modern Lovers (1976)
Live at Leeds

The Who

Live at Leeds (1970)

Probably the greatest live album ever, and definitely the greatest Who album - in my view, miles ahead of Who's Next, which I never liked that much, comparatively.
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

0 comments:

Post a Comment